If you’re looking for you next legal role, Fletchers have an opportunity to Join our friendly team in the serious Injury department as an Assistant Litigation Executive.
The role will be to assist a specific Litigation Executive in the Multi Track Department in all aspects of their cases and to ensure that matters are progressed in a timely and efficient manner. The successful candidate will be working on a diverse case load of multi-track cases with a value of up to £100,000, under the guidance of a Senior Litigation Executive.
• Assist Litigation executives in the department on their cases to ensure matters are progressed in a timely and efficient manner
• Progress files in line with KPI targets
• Liaising with clients, experts, barristers, third party solicitors/insurers, police and any other relevant parties as directed
• Dealing with all aspects of pre and post issue procedures in a timely manner as directed
• Drafting statements of case, witness statements, application notices
• Preparing accurate and detailed file notes
• Helping to maintain case plans and case summaries
• To research points of law in respect of liability and quantum and take responsibility for researching topics prior to undertaking allocated tasks to ensure accuracy
• Undertaking and assisting where appropriate telephone negotiations/case management conferences with solicitors/courts as directed
• Pursue cases to conclusion as directed
• Attendance at Court, Joint Settlement Meetings, Case Management Conferences and Conferences with or without Counsel. This occasionally requires an overnight stay.
• Preparation of trial bundles
• Helping with/preparing costs instructions sheets and disbursement lists
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Good research and drafting skills
• Sound base knowledge of the law surrounding serious injury and court procedure
• Good attention to detail, with file management and organisational skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to adapt to the needs of a diverse environment and able to quickly analyse complex information to make reasoned decisions.
• IT competent
• Excellent time management
• Preferably previous experience of working in a personal injury department
• Excellent communication and client care skills
What you can expect from us:
• Salary DOE
• Bonus scheme
• 35 days holiday including bank holiday and we close for Christmas
• Option to purchase 3 extra days holiday
• 3 days additional day holiday on the 5th, 7th and 9th full year of employment.
• Sick pay – after completion of probation
• Flexible agile working environment
• Company events
• Pension scheme
• Work life balance
• Value awards
• Breakout rooms with free tea and coffee, TVs, table football and comfy sofa’s to relax on your breaks when working in the office
• Internal Progression
TRUST | INNOVATION | DEVELOPMENT | PERFORMANCE | CUSTOMER
Our people are at the heart of everything we do! We take pride in the results gained for our clients and go the extra mile to get justice.
Fletchers are an employer of choice, rated a top 80 Law Firm by the Times. We believe that diversity drives innovation, we are all different people aiming for the same goal to get our customers the compensation they deserve. Our culture drives our employees to achieve the best, not only for the customers but for their own growth, development, and wellbeing.
If you have got the talent, ambition and focus and are looking for a stimulating and rewarding career with the opportunity to grow and develop, a workplace where you are a valued member of the team and not just a number, we would love to hear from you.
We reserve the right to close this role before the date specified depending on the calibre and volume of candidates