Assisting Lawyers and Senior Lawyers as directed in the running a caseload of multi-track Clinical Negligence cases (of £30,000 and above) from inception to Trial; always under supervision and in line with current company policies and legal requirements. To accept delegated tasks on other similar cases as directed by the Senior Lawyer.
- Ensure the delivery for yourself of all KPI targets set by the firm.
- Ensure cases are progressed in a timely, efficient and proactive manner.
- Liaising with clients, experts, barristers, third party solicitors and insurers as directed.
- Dealing with all aspects of pre and post issue procedures under supervision in a timely and cost effective manner..
- Ensuring all actions as per Proclaim Action List are completed in a timely fashion.
- Accurate time recording.
- Maintaining client files in good order in accordance with Lexcel and other quality assurance requirements.
- Reporting to Senior Lawyer as required.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Desire to work in this area of law and preferably some experience
- Graduate, preferably with Law related degree and / or professional qualification such as LPC or route to BAR or CILEX
- Desire and ability to take direction and supervision from team leader
- Proven legal and forensic skills
- Good research skills
- Attention to detail
- Keen analytical skills
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent people skills and service ethos
- Ability to influence at all levels
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Flexible and willing to commit to achieving results and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent Client Care Skills
Start date July 2020