Are you looking for your next legal role? Do you have experience of working in a Medical Negligence team? Do you want to join a company where you are a person not just a number and has loads of great benefits and internal progression?
Fletchers have an existing opportunity to Join our growing and friendly team in the Medical Negligence Department as an Assistant Litigation Executive
The role will be assisting Lawyers and Senior Lawyers as directed in the running a caseload of high value Clinical Negligence cases from inception to trial; always under supervision and in line with current company policies and legal requirements. To accept delegated tasks on other similar cases as directed by the Senior Lawyer.
• Ensure the delivery for yourself of all KPI targets set by the firm.
• Ensure cases are progressed in a timely, efficient and proactive manner.
• Liaising with clients, experts, barristers, third party solicitors and insurers as directed.
• Dealing with all aspects of pre and post issue procedures under supervision in a timely and cost effective manner..
• Ensuring all actions as per Proclaim Action List are completed in a timely fashion.
• Accurate time recording.
• Maintaining client files in good order in accordance with Lexcel and other quality assurance requirements.
• Reporting to Senior Lawyer as required.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Desire to work in this area of law and preferably some experience
• Graduate, preferably with Law related degree and / or professional qualification such as LPC or route to BAR or CILEX
• Desire and ability to take direction and supervision from team leader
• Proven legal and forensic skills
• Good research skills
• Attention to detail
• Keen analytical skills
• Good organisational skills
• Excellent people skills and service ethos
• Ability to influence at all levels
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Flexible and willing to commit to achieving results and meeting deadlines.
• Excellent Client Care Skills.
What you can expect from us:
• Salary DOE
• Bonus scheme
• 35 days holiday including bank holiday and we close for Christmas
• Option to purchase 3 extra days holiday
• 3 days additional day holiday on the 5th, 7th and 9th full year of employment.
• Sick pay – after completion of probation
• Flexible agile working environment
• Company events
• Pension scheme
• Work life balance
• Value awards
• Breakout rooms with free tea and coffee, TVs, table football and comfy sofa’s to relax on your breaks when working in the office
• Internal Progression
We reserve the right to close this role before the date specified depending on the calibre and volume of candidates