Assistant Litigation Executive – up to £22,500 pa DOE.
Fletchers Solicitors Ltd have a fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Litigation Executive to join the Serious Injury Team.
Location: Southport/ Hybrid
We are one of the country’s leading law firms and have recently been acquired by an affiliate of Sun European Partners LLP, whose focus is on growing our already successful business considerably in the next few years.
As we gear up for growth, we are adding to our already successful team to start our new financial year strongly. We are looking for the right person to be part of a growing/thriving Serious Injury Team.
The role is to assist a specific Litigation Executive/s in the team in all aspects of their cases and to ensure that matters are progressed in a timely and efficient manner. The successful candidate will be working on a diverse case load of multi-track value cases under the guidance of a lead Litigation Executive.
If you have experience working in a paralegal role or are just about to finish your degree then this could be the role for you!
In return Fletchers can offer:
• A competitive salary based on your experience
• A bonus scheme (subject to targets being met)
• Pension scheme with tax-efficient salary sacrifice option
• 35 days holiday a year including bank holidays and Christmas Closure, you also have an option to purchase up to 3 extra days’ holiday per year, until you long service award the 3 days after your 5th, 7th, and 9th full year of employment.
• Enhanced company sick pay scheme
• Flexible, agile working environment with a positive work-life balance
• Varied calendar of funded company social events
• Monthly voucher awards
Our people are at the heart of everything we do! We take pride in the results gained for our clients and go the extra mile to get justice. Fletchers are an employer of choice, rated a top 80 Law Firm by the Times. We believe that diversity drives innovation, we are all different people aiming for the same goal to get our clients the compensation they deserve. Our culture drives our employees to achieve the best, not only for the clients but for their own growth, development, and wellbeing.
We reserve the right to close this role before the date specified depending on the calibre and volume of candidates
• Assist the Litigation Executives in the department on their cases to ensure matters are progressed in a timely and efficient manner
• Progress files in line with KPI targets
• Liaising with clients, experts, barristers, third party solicitors/insurers, police and any other relevant parties as directed
• Dealing with all aspects of pre and post issue procedures in a timely manner as directed
• Drafting statements of case, witness statements, application notices
• Preparing accurate and detailed file notes
• Helping to maintain case plans and case summaries
• To research points of law in respect of liability and quantum and take responsibility for researching topics prior to undertaking allocated tasks to ensure accuracy
• Undertaking and assisting where appropriate telephone negotiations/case management conferences with solicitors/courts as directed
• Pursue cases to conclusion as directed
• Attendance at Court, Joint Settlement Meetings, Case Management Conferences and Conferences with or without Counsel. This occasionally requires an overnight stay.
• Preparation of trial bundles
• Helping with/preparing costs instructions sheets and disbursement lists
• Reviewing case related records and preparing a summary of findings
• Referring cases to Marketing Team where appropriate to support brand development and marketing.
• Buddying new team members when required
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Good researching and drafting skills
• Sound base knowledge of the law surrounding serious injury and court procedure
• Good attention to detail, with file management and organisational skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to adapt to the needs of a diverse environment and able to quickly analyse complex information in order to make reasoned decisions.
• IT competent
• Excellent time management
• Preferably previous experience of working in a personal injury department
• Must be flexible in working hours and able to travel
• Excellent communication and client care skills
Desirable Qualifications Skills and Experience:
• A law degree or a Graduate Diploma in Law, or a desire to gain legal qualifications via CILEX, paralegal apprenticeship or the SQE routes
• Some previous legal work experience
• Driving licence