To assist a specific fee earner in the Multi Track Department in all aspects of their cases and to ensure that matters are progressed in a timely and efficient manner. The successful candidate will be working on a diverse case load of multi-track cases with a value of up to £100,000, under the guidance of a lead Fee Earner.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Good research and drafting skills
- Sound base knowledge of the law surrounding serious injury and court procedure
- Good attention to detail, with file management and organisational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of a diverse environment and able to quickly analyse complex information in order to make reasoned decisions.
- IT competent
- Excellent time management
- Preferably previous experience of working in a personal injury department
- Must be flexible in working hours and able to travel
- Excellent communication and client care skills
- Assist fee earners in the department on their cases to ensure matters are progressed in a timely and efficient manner
- Progress files in line with KPI targets
- Liaising with clients, experts, barristers, third party solicitors/insurers, police and any other relevant parties as directed
- Dealing with all aspects of pre and post issue procedures in a timely manner as directed
- Drafting statements of case, witness statements, application notices
- Preparing accurate and detailed file notes
- Helping to maintain case plans and case summaries
- To research points of law in respect of liability and quantum and take responsibility for researching topics prior to undertaking allocated tasks to ensure accuracy
- Undertaking and assisting where appropriate telephone negotiations/case management conferences with solicitors/courts as directed
- Pursue cases to conclusion as directed
- Attendance at Court, Joint Settlement Meetings, Case Management Conferences and Conferences with or without Counsel. This occasionally requires an overnight stay.
- Preparation of trial bundles
- Helping with/preparing costs instructions sheets and disbursement lists