PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To help Fletchers achieve its strategic goals and plans by helping the business deliver on effective capacity modelling and resource planning. The Business Planning Analyst will manage and drive efficiency in support of the Capacity Planning vision.
The role will be accountable for delivering Business Planning methodology, processes and educating the management areas as required across Fletchers. This will include the implementation of an initial Operational Planning and Forecasting Process in Fletchers and integrate into a new Workforce Management Solution. Working with key stakeholders across Fletcher’s to capture and control key data inputs. These will include Capacity Planning and Modelling, FTE, Shift Profiles for the Call Centre Team, Skillsets, Operational Process Hierarchies, Timings, Target Utilisation and Efficiency Metrics by job role and team.
There will also be a requirement to effectively manage a process to systemically integrate with performance data on a daily, weekly and monthly basis providing assessment of Operational capability to agreed Service Levels. This will include planning at a Skillset, Team, Departmental and Fletchers level.
In tandem the applicant will lead on embedding an appropriate Governance process for Capacity Planning reviews to include impacts of change on plan and ensure that benefits delivery is locked into future plans. Governance will also include accountability for driving benefit delivery across the organisation through tracking and business case contribution.
Finally, an agreed set of customer centric metrics and Planning metrics including Sales Performance should be agreed and managed with senior stakeholders across each business. This is to include an interlock with the Financial Plan and market expectations including best in class benchmark targets and metrics.
Fletchers culture is highly dependent on colleagues who can lead by example; this individual must always be professional, work with integrity and actively promote ethics and compliance policies across the organisation.
Remote working with limited requirement to travel to HQ at Southport
- Ownership of end to end Capacity Planning for Fletchers – to include interlock with financial planning model across different departments.
- To be the SME on the Workforce Management Solution and Capacity Planning Automation
- Drive robust planning Governance including monthly Operational Planning for Fletchers Legal and Call Centre Team departments.
- Display Planning competency by training business teams to appropriate level.
- Record of expertise including appropriate qualifications.
- Training of Business leaders in use of Planning and Forecasting system.
- Control and monitoring of data input controls and use of Planning and Forecasting system.
- Facilitation of appropriate Governance model to support best Operational outcomes for Fletchers.
- Agreement and delivery of Customer centric metrics for Group Operations and each Business unit.
- Provision of challenge on performance (operational, portfolio and sales) to ensure Fletcher’s strategy and Performance targets are achieved.
- Work in close partnership with Finance, Legal, IT, Ops and Strategy areas to leverage most appropriate and sustainable solutions.
- Accountability for embedding a benefit tracking culture through project life cycle.
- Support the PMO and Finance Team in benefit and capacity/forecasting delivery
- Support Project Leads in Business Cases and Project Documentation
- Attend conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years business experience in a related role
- Prior experience in a business planning or financial planning role.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills, demonstrating style flexibility as required
- Track record in establishing and leading change
- Ability to think creatively and strategically on complex issues and bring to life as required
- Ability to work across the organisation and with conflicting multiple demands and proven ability to influence individuals and teams.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering Capacity Models across departments and the business
- Understanding of change analysis and change management techniques
- Detail oriented, analytical and inquisitive
- Ability to work independently across a varied range of projects, stakeholders, and topics to underpin business change across large and small change initiatives
- Understanding of best practice in business planning, with the ability to establish, and drive the adoption of, relevant skills and processes within the business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Advanced Modelling skills
- Ability to assimilate complex information and research to drive strategic business planning
- Clear understanding of Workforce Management (WFM) systems
- Knowledge of the Legal Sector would be advantageous but not required.
We reserve the right to close this role before the date shown depending on the volume and calibre of candidates.