Are you looking for your next legal role? If you have 8 years or more experience in a claimant Catastrophic PI claims, enjoy working autonomously running a complex and diverse caseload this could be the role for you! Fletchers is a company where you are a person not just a number and has loads of great benefits.
Fletchers have an existing opportunity to Join our friendly team in the Serious Injury department as a Senior Solicitor.
The successful candidate will be responsible for autonomously running a complex and diverse caseload of catastrophic injury cases, many of which have a value exceeding £1m. You must have a proven track record of successfully taking the lead on cases at this level and be able to progress such cases from inception to conclusion, in line with company policies and legal requirements.
• Ensure that cases are progressed in a timely and commercial manner in line with KPI targets
• Accurate time recording
• The ability to assess liability at an early stage and keep write offs to a minimum
• Dealing with all aspects of pre and post issue procedures; pursuing cases to conclusion.
• Liaising with clients, experts, barristers, third party solicitors and insurers – a willingness to travel to accommodate attendance in person when appropriate
• Maintaining cases in good order in accordance with Lexcel and other quality assurance requirements
• The delegation of tasks as appropriate
• The supervision and development of an 1-2 junior members of the team; (your direct reports which will be an Assistant Litigation Executive and possibly a Junior Litigation Executive.)
• A willingness to put forward ideas and to engage in brand development and marketing.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• A minimum of 8 years experience in Claimant catastrophic PI claims. (Grade A)
• A proven track record of dealing with high level serious injury work is essential, including spinal cord injury, severe traumatic brain injury, amputation and complex multiple orthopaedic injuries
• Experienced at dealing with a diverse range of liability scenarios including EL/PL as well as RTAs and multiple defendants
• Excellent people and client care skills; a sensitive and professional approach at all times
• Experienced in litigation at both County Court and High Court level
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Self-motivated and proactive
• A commercial approach to litigation and case progression
• Flexible and willing to commit to achieving results and meeting deadlines
• The ability to work in a team and to mentor others
• Good IT skills, especially in respect of Microsoft Office packages. Previous experience of Proclaim is preferable but not essential.
What you can expect from us:
• Salary DOE
• Bonus scheme
• 35 days holiday including bank holiday and we close for Christmas
• Option to purchase 3 extra days holiday
• 3 days additional day holiday on the 5th, 7th and 9th full year of employment.
• Sick pay – after completion of probation
• Flexible agile working environment
• Company events
• Pension scheme
• Work life balance
• Value awards
• Breakout rooms with free tea and coffee, TVs, table football and comfy sofa’s to relax on your breaks when working in the office
• Internal Progression
TRUST | INNOVATION | DEVELOPMENT | PERFORMANCE | CUSTOMER
Our people are at the heart of everything we do! We take pride in the results gained for our clients and go the extra mile to get justice.
Fletchers are an employer of choice, rated a top 80 Law Firm by the Times. We believe that diversity drives innovation, we are all different people aiming for the same goal to get our customers the compensation they deserve. Our culture drives our employees to achieve the best, not only for the customers but for their own growth, development, and wellbeing.
If you have got the talent, ambition and focus and are looking for a stimulating and rewarding career with the opportunity to grow and develop, a workplace where you are a valued member of the team and not just a number, we would love to hear from you.
We reserve the right to close this role before the date specified depending on the calibre and volume of candidates