ROLE: The successful candidate will be responsible for autonomously running a complex and diverse caseload of catastrophic injury cases, many of which have a value exceeding £1m.
You must have a proven track record of successfully taking the lead on cases at this level and be able to progress such cases from inception to conclusion, in line with company policies and legal requirements.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of 8 years experience in Claimant catastrophic PI claims. (Grade A)
- A proven track record of dealing with high level serious injury work is essential, including spinal cord injury, severe traumatic brain injury, amputation and complex multiple orthopaedic injuries
- Experienced at dealing with a diverse range of liability scenarios including EL/PL as well as RTAs and multiple defendants
- Excellent people and client care skills; a sensitive and professional approach at all times
- Experienced in litigation at both County Court and High Court level
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and proactive
- A commercial approach to litigation and case progression
- Flexible and willing to commit to achieving results and meeting deadlines
- The ability to work in a team and to mentor others
- Good IT skills, especially in respect of Microsoft Office packages. Previous experience of Proclaim is preferable but not essential
- Ensure that cases are progressed in a timely and commercial manner in line with KPI targets
- Accurate time recording
- The ability to assess liability at an early stage and keep write offs to a minimum
- Dealing with all aspects of pre and post issue procedures; pursuing cases to conclusion.
- Liaising with clients, experts, barristers, third party solicitors and insurers – a willingness to travel to accommodate attendance in person when appropriate
- Maintaining cases in good order in accordance with Lexcel and other quality assurance requirements
- The delegation of tasks as appropriate
- The supervision and development of an 1-2 junior members of the team; (your direct reports which will be an Assistant Litigation Executive and possibly a Junior Litigation Executive)
- A willingness to put forward ideas and to engage in brand development and marketing