Are you looking for your next legal role? Do you have experience working within a Cost team and Supervisor experience?
If so Fletchers have an existing opportunity to Join our friendly Cost Team. Reporting to the Head of Costs, the supervisor is responsible for the effective management and performance of the team to ensure first class delivery of client services and operational excellence by aligning agreed strategy and key performance indicators.
The Costs Supervisor is responsible for all operational activity and performance within the designated team.
FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE ,KPI’S & TIMESCALES
• Team responsibility for the effective delivery of the Costs Litigation Strategy.
• Team responsibility for effective KPI performance.
• Team responsibility for effective delivery of individual and team targets.
• Team responsibility for accuracy of MI and reporting.
• Team responsibility for complying with court deadlines.
• Team responsibility for complying with professional undertakings.
CASE MANAGEMENT & RISK MANAGEMENT
• Manage an even distribution of work to ensure that the team and individuals are managed and supported to hit targets, through a right work in the right hands approach.
• Ensure proactive case management.
• Ensure compliance with litigation strategy and department policy. Proactively review management information to ensure team members are working effectively towards appropriate task duration and completion profiles.
• Proactively ensure that audit and checking policies are adhered to, with outcomes being appropriately recorded in reportable format and actioned to maintain performance and service standards.
• Proactively identify and manage risk and ensure appropriate systems are in place to Identify any potential negligence claims or other high-level risk.
• Ensure compliance across the team with the code of conduct as set out by the Solicitors Regulatory Authority and The Costs Lawyers Standards Board, reporting any issues to the Head of Costs, if appropriate
• Responsible for ensuring that client complaints about team or individual performance are dealt with appropriately and reported to the Head of Costs, if appropriate.
PEOPLE & PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
• Ensure effective communication and engagement across the team with visible and inspirational leadership.
• Lead, manage and develop the team to deliver results through coaching and mentoring, generate a vibrant, positive team-oriented culture focused on delivering customer excellence.
• Responsible for providing direction to team members, including allocation of work, setting priorities, adherence to policies and procedures and resolving issues concerning team member performance in a fair and consistent manner.
• Demonstrate leadership and effective decision making that enables the team to operate competently, efficiently, and compliantly, preventing difficult issues and mistakes.
• Team responsibility for ensuring that all professionally qualified team members meet their annual Continued Professional Development requirement, with assistance from L&D and the Head of Costs, with a keen eye to budgetary constraints and effective methods of delivery.
• In conjunction with the L&D team, Costs Director, Heads of Costs, and other Supervisors identify the development needs of individual team members, preparing and delivering appropriate documented development plans to ensure delivery.
• Conduct monthly 121’s with all team members.
• Carry out utilization, resource optimisation and capacity planning, in conjunction with the Head of Costs to ensure the appropriate level of resources/skills are available to deliver our service within the team.
• Promote Wisdom, Kindness & Strength by maintaining our values of Trust, Customer, Innovation, Performance & Development.
• Promote a culture of teamwork and encouragement, rewarding good performance, productivity, and success to achieve our collective goals.
• Team responsibility for ensuring all people management policies and procedures are adopted, in conjunction with HR and The Head of Costs, to include recruitment, induction and exit management, sickness/absence, holiday and performance management.
• Act as appropriate support to any team within the department to ensure necessary impartiality in investigative and disciplinary matters as may be appropriate.
• To support the Head of Costs, in recruitment decisions in respect of the team.
MANAGEMENT REPORTS & MI
• Undertake daily reviews of key MI reports, and thoroughly analyse and interpret the MI and make appropriate recommendations for operational effectiveness.
• Evaluate the billing team performance on a daily /weekly / monthly / annual basis in conjunction with the Head of Costs and provide performance management information against key performance indicators.
• Responsible for providing team reporting, utilising agreed reporting formats, at different levels of generality having regards to all department and business reporting cycles and requirements.
• Ensure that a monthly review of team performance is delivered by the 1st working Wednesday day of the subsequent month, in approved form.
• Highlight areas for improvement, concern, or opportunity.
• Carry a reasonable case load, considering supervisory responsibility.
• Collaborate as appropriate with all leaders in the Costs Department and/or the wider business to improve and maintain the general organisational effectiveness of the costs department ensuring that policy, systems, and procedures across the costs department are reviewed and aligned as ‘always fit for purpose’.
• Assist legal stakeholders with costs related support that promotes the customer journey and fair and effective costs recovery.
• Contribute by making suggestions or recommendations to make more effective use of case management software for the costs process.
• Contribute by making suggestions or recommendations in respect of The Costs Litigation Strategy
• Provide clear support for operational changes and drive change management
• Undertake any ad hoc project work as required.
• Act as Key Account Manager to clients identified through the Key Account Policy.
• Any other reasonable duties required for the delivery of our service or our responsibilities to external stakeholders
What you can expect from us:
• Bonus scheme
• 35 days holiday including bank holiday and we close for Christmas
• Option to purchase 3 extra days holiday
• 3 days additional day holiday on the 5th, 7th and 9th full year of employment.
• Sick pay – after completion of probation
• Flexible agile working environment
• Company events
• Pension scheme
• Work life balance
• Value awards
• Breakout rooms with free tea and coffee, TVs, table football and comfy sofa’s to relax on your breaks when working in the office
• Internal Progression
TRUST | INNOVATION | DEVELOPMENT | PERFORMANCE | CUSTOMER
Our people are at the heart of everything we do! We take pride in the results gained for our clients and go the extra mile to get justice.
Fletchers are an employer of choice, rated a top 80 Law Firm by the Times. We believe that diversity drives innovation, we are all different people aiming for the same goal to get our customers the compensation they deserve. Our culture drives our employees to achieve the best, not only for the customers but for their own growth, development and wellbeing.
If you have got the talent, ambition and focus and are looking for a stimulating and rewarding career with the opportunity to grow and develop, a workplace where you are a valued member of the team and not just a number, we would love to hear from you.
We reserve the right to close this role before the date specified depending on the calibre and volume of candidates