An opportunity has arisen for a Law Cost Draftperson at a leading law firm based in Southport. You will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience of preparing bills of cost for detailed assessment, ideally but not limited to Clinical Negligence " href="https://www.fletcherssolicitors.co.uk/medical-negligence/">Clinical Negligence matters. You will be working within a busy team and must have the ability to manage your own case load and adhere to strict SLA’s. This is a great opportunity to join a market-leading and expanding firm, at the forefront of clinical negligence litigation.
- Drafting Bills of Costs/Precedent S on Medical Negligence " href="https://www.fletcherssolicitors.co.uk/medical-negligence/">Medical Negligence matters with damages up to £100,000;
- Review of opponent’s points of dispute and preparation of replies;
- Preparing Cost Estimates as and when required;
- Ensuring that the quality of work produced is to the highest standard;
- Management of daily workloads as well as achieving service level agreements.
- Be able to work to deadlines and prioritise matters to ensure targets are delivered.
- Ensuring that the Client is regularly updated as to the current situation on matters;
- Ensuring that care is taken to ensure good working relationships with internal colleagues;
- Being responsible for maximising the firms profitability whilst maintaining the highest Client care standard;
- Adhering to the firm’s policies;
- Producing relevant management information to the management team;
- Any other duties as reasonably required by the business.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proven experience of drafting bills of costs
- Experience of Proclaim
- Experience of Cost Master
- Organisational, planning and communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good general IT skills
- Time management
- Ability to use initiative
- Working effectively within a team.
- Attention to detail and the ability to meet tight deadlines