PURPOSE OF ROLE:
As an integral part of the Development team, you will be responsible for designing and developing innovative applications through front-end & back-end web architectures.
Working alongside stakeholders, other developers, analysts and QA testers in an Agile environment, you will see project solutions from conception through to final product.
You will be a self-motivated team-player with excellent communication skills, good organizational skills and an attention to detail.
- Propose, design and implement new & innovative solutions to problems
- Translate business needs into technical specifications
- Develop front-end website architecture
- Design user interactions on web pages
- Develop back-end website applications
- Create servers and databases for functionality
- Prepare high quality, clean, readable and testable code
- Design, develop and consume APIs (REST)
- Participate in QA activities, resolving bugs & issues with software
- Ensure responsiveness of applications, meeting both technical and consumer needs
- Work closely with colleagues to deliver on time and to ensure a consistent approach to development
- Stay abreast of developments in web applications and cloud technologies
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with an attention to detail
- Familiarity with client-side languages and frameworks such as JS, jQuery & React
- Server-side languages such as Python, Java, PHP, .Net, C#
- Familiarity with database technologies such as MySQL and NoSQL/MongoDB.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Understanding of SDLC and DevOps/Agile methodologies
- Experience using Agile tools (eg, Azure DevOps, Jira / Confluence) and version control such as GIT
- A hunger for learning with a passion for innovative ideas and an interest in cloud technologies (eg, AWS and Azure)