We are looking for a passionate brand and content marketing specialist to take ownership of the various brands sitting within the Fletchers Group. Fletchers was established in 1987, employing over 450 people in Southport and Manchester and primarily working in the fields of Medical Negligence and Serious Personal Injury. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving our already well known and well-established legal brand to become the true number one in our sector, working hard to promote our Medical Negligence and Serious Injury teams (both the largest teams in the UK) to the public.
The role will focus on building our Fletchers serious injury and medical negligence brand both within the industry and organically across the internet through our website. Using a combination of traditional PR, digital PR and SEO, events, newsletters/CRM activity and other brand channels, the candidate will have full ownership of all branded content campaigns from concept to delivery. They will work closely with the legal teams to understand their needs, with our insight and strategy team to understand the marketplace and the consumer, and work alongside our Head of Digital & Performance Marketing to coordinate paid media activity when required.
The candidate will have a strong knowledge of modern-day SEO and understand the importance of quality content to drive engagement, organic traffic and high quality backlinks. They will have a creative, clever and ‘challenger’ approach to content marketing. Our agency team are experts in the technical side of SEO – they will be an expert on the content side. They’ll be a great copywriter – able to craft a great, engaging piece of content and able to hold their team to the same high standard.
Reporting directly to our Director of Marketing & Customer, they will lead our internal content team and external PR & SEO agency team, as well as our internal design team. They will be given their own budget, resource and support to bring their ideas to life. This is a senior role with influence and ownership – the candidate will relish the chance to make their mark and be a self-starter who is full of great ideas but also has the tenacity and organisation to see projects and campaigns through to a successful conclusion.
The successful candidate will have an eye for design and be a stickler for brand guidelines. They will ensure that the brand is properly reflected at all times, across all channels.
They will be incredibly personable, provide energy and enthusiasm to the Fletchers brand across the whole business, and be able to adapt work closely with both senior professionals and members of the public (our customers) to build the reputation of both the firm as a whole, our teams, and our lawyers.
- Responsible for the planning, execution and delivery of all brand marketing including traditional & Digital PR, SEO content delivery and link-building, CRM/newsletter, organic social media channels, events and general promotional activity.
- Leadership of our internal content and design team as well as our external PR agency team
- Day to day management of external SEO agency team relating to content ideas, generation and delivery for link building
- Working alongside our Head of Digital & Performance marketing to coordinate strategies and ensure paid media works in harmony with brand/organic marketing
- Being the direct day to day contact for our legal teams in order to provide each department with exceptional marketing support in order to hit their own objectives in terms of client acquisition and reputational growth
- Joining our ‘Lions Squad’ senior management team as a Head of Department, representing marketing & engaging with peers across the company.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proven successful track record as a brand and content marketing specialist
- Outstanding copywriting skills
- Good knowledge of PR – both digital and traditional
- A strong understanding of modern-day SEO and digital content marketing/link building
- A good understanding of design principles and an eye for quality
- Comfortable organising and attending trade events
- Managerial/leadership experience desired
- Professional services marketing background would be interesting, but not essential
- Personable, approachable people person who is as comfortable speaking to a member of the public as they are a senior lawyer or an influencer in the serious injury/disability space
- An energetic, positive self-starter who brings plenty of fresh ideas to the table