Are you looking for your next legal role? Do you have experience handling a Medical Negligence case load?
Fletchers have an existing opportunity to Join our friendly and growing Medical Negligence team as a Litigation executive.
The role will be to play a key role in one of the Medical Negligence teams by working on allocated cases, corresponding with customers and experts to ensure their cases are conducted in a proactive and commercially focussed manner.
You will be joining a quality, large, busy, and growing team of clinical negligence experts. You will be working on all aspects of litigation within your team, both pre-litigation and post-litigation work, in a ‘cradle to grave’ environment
• Supporting the team to provide outstanding customer care
• Proactive case management and progression
• Supporting the delivery of the team’s financial performance KPIs
• Effective and thorough time recording
• Discussing and agreeing case tactics and planning with the Team Leader
• Working with customers to ensure that relevant information is collected and collated to enable the progression of the case in a proactive commercial manner
• Obtaining relevant medical evidence to confirm the condition and prognosis of the customer
• Drafting correspondence as required, including LOCs, letter of instruction etc
• Following up medical records and researching medical conditions
• Co-ordinating the progression of cases with all internal and external parties
• Negotiating settlement
• Issue and service of proceedings should it be required
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Experience of handling a medical negligence case load
• Excellent organisational skills and time management
• Good IT skills especially in respect of Microsoft Office packages, proclaim
• Excellent drafting skills and experience of drafting legal documentation
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent customer care and communication skills
What you can expect from us:
• Salary depends on experience
• Bonus scheme
• 35 days holiday including bank holiday and we close for Christmas
• Option to purchase 3 extra days holiday
• 3 days additional day holiday on the 5th, 7th and 9th full year of employment.
• Sick pay – after completion of probation
• Flexible agile working environment
• Company events
• Pension scheme
• Work life balance
• Value awards
• Breakout rooms with free tea and coffee, TVs, table football and comfy sofa’s to relax on your breaks when working in the office
• Internal Progression
TRUST | INNOVATION | DEVELOPMENT | PERFORMANCE | CUSTOMER
Our people are at the heart of everything we do! We take pride in the results gained for our clients and go the extra mile to get justice.
Fletchers are an employer of choice, rated a top 80 Law Firm by the Times. We believe that diversity drives innovation, we are all different people aiming for the same goal to get our customers the compensation they deserve. Our culture drives our employees to achieve the best, not only for the customers but for their own growth, development, and wellbeing.
If you have got the talent, ambition and focus and are looking for a stimulating and rewarding career with the opportunity to grow and develop, a workplace where you are a valued member of the team and not just a number, we would love to hear from you.
We reserve the right to close this role before the date specified depending on the calibre and volume of candidates