ROLE:– The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting on a complex and diverse caseload of multi-track cases, with a value of between £100,000 to £1m. You must have a proven track record of successfully working on such cases and be able to progress such cases from inception to conclusion, in line with company policies and legal requirements.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A proven track record of dealing with or assisting on high level serious injury work is essential, including severe traumatic brain injury and complex multiple orthopaedic injuries;
- Experienced at dealing with a diverse range of liability scenarios including EL/PL as well as RTAs and multiple defendants;
- Excellent people and client care skills; a sensitive and professional approach at all times;
- Experienced in litigation at both County Court and High Court level;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Self-motivated and proactive;
- A commercial approach to litigation and case progression;
- Flexible and willing to commit to achieving results and meeting deadlines;
- The ability to work in a team and to mentor others;
- Good IT skills, especially in respect of Microsoft Office packages. Previous experience of Proclaim is preferable but not essential.
- Assist the lead Lawyer on a full caseload of multi-track work, ensuring that cases are progressed in a timely and commercial manner in line with KPI targets
- Accurate time recording
- The ability to assess liability at an early stage and keep write offs to a minimum
- Dealing with all aspects of pre and post issue procedures; pursuing cases to conclusion
- Liaising with clients, experts, barristers, third party solicitors and insurers – a willingness to travel to accommodate attendance in person when appropriate
- Maintaining cases in good order in accordance with Lexcel and other quality assurance requirements
- The delegation of tasks as appropriate
- The supervision and development of junior members of the team; (i.e. you will be working with one other Assistant Litigation Executive and possibly a Junior Litigation Executive)
- A willingness to put forward ideas and to engage in brand development and marketing.