PURPOSE OF ROLE:
To work as an integral part of the Development team, conducting automated and manual testing of applications and software to ensure they are fit for purpose before releasing into production.
- Functional & non-functional testing of mobile, tablet, web & desktop-based applications
- To deliver working solutions that meet customer requirements and expectations by providing fast feedback and defect prevention
- Ensure an SQA plan is in place and perform SQA activities (including checkpoints, change management and technical reviews) to ensure that products satisfy customer requirements in a systematic, reliable fashion
- Working with Software Developers and project support teams to improve defect prevention by defining acceptance criteria on user stories and testing requirements of each application
- Support SQA by ensuring various levels of testing are performed during development, including (but not limited to) unit, component, system and regression testing
- Responsible for providing accurate estimates for system testing activities and working towards set release deadlines.
- Working with developers to ensure sufficient consideration is given in estimations to testing and SQA activities
- Executing test scripts within provided timescales
- Producing and maintaining test results and scripts. Preparation and maintenance of test datasets
- Planning and organising own daily system testing activities, working with Product Owners, Developers and Business Analysts.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Good understanding of SDLC and DevOps/Agile methodologies
- Proven experience working in an Agile environment
- Understanding of Agile project management approaches such as DSDM and Scrum
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects at one time
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently to support and drive progress is essential
- Proven experience of white and black box testing techniques, providing constructive feedback to project and development teams
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with an attention to detail
- Must be familiar with commercial software release processes and be able to demonstrate experience from previous roles
- Previous experience using Azure DevOps & Boards or similar
- Automation Test framework design experience
- Java or another scripting language such as C#, .NET, python etc.
- Testing tools Junit, Cucumber, Specflow, JMeter, Appium etc
- Automation testing using tools like Selenium, Ranorex etc
- End-to-End test management tools like Zephyr, Ranorex, Newman, Protractor to write/maintain automated web-based tests
- Understanding of web & mobile technologies
- Basic SQL skills to test data / migration data
- Ability to write test scripts
- ISTQB qualified (preferred)
- We reserve the right to close this post early depending on volume and calibre of candidates.