Fletchers Solicitors Ltd have a fantastic opportunity for a Audit & Compliance Executive to join our growing Compliance team!
Location: Southport/ Hybrid
We are one of the country’s leading consumer law firms and have recently been acquired by an affiliate of Sun European Partners LLP, whose focus is on growing our already successful business considerably in the next few years.
As we gear up for growth, we are adding to our already successful team to start our new financial year strongly. We are looking for the right person to be an integral member of the Compliance Team, undertaking such tasks and activities as dictated by the COLP, Board or Internal Audit Team to ensure adherence to internal processes and systems.
The role will be to work within the Risk and Compliance team providing, amongst other things, auditing functions of medical negligence files; providing feedback to the Head of Risk and Compliance, and to assist with remedial action in conjunction with the Legal Risk Business Partner (LRBP) in respect of any matters flowing from the audits. Additionally you would be dealing with client’s diligence questions, know your client checks and dealing with low level risk events.
If you have some relevant legal knowledge and experience working within a medical negligence or general personal injury field; experience working on a case management system, a passion for problem solving and finding solutions with good attention to detail this could be the role for you, and we would love to hear from you!
In return Fletchers can offer:
- A competitive salary based on your experience
- A bonus scheme paid yearly (subject to targets being met)
- Pension scheme with tax-efficient salary sacrifice option
- 35 days holiday a year including bank holidays from start – and we close for the Christmas break and there is an option to purchase up to 3 extra days’ holiday per year. There are also 3 days’ additional holiday for long service (awarded in the 5th, 7th and 9th full year of employment)
- Enhanced company sick pay scheme
- Flexible, agile working environment with a positive work-life balance
- Varied calendar of funded company social events
- Monthly voucher awards
Our people are at the heart of everything we do! We take pride in the results gained for our clients and go the extra mile to get justice. Fletchers are an employer of choice, rated a top 80 Law Firm by the Times. We believe that diversity drives innovation, we are all different people aiming for the same goal to get our customers the compensation they deserve. Our culture drives our employees to achieve the best, not only for the customers but for their own growth, development, and wellbeing.
We reserve the right to close this role before the date specified depending on the calibre and volume of candidates
The responsibilities and duties in the role will be very varied but will include:
- Auditing medical negligence cases to ensure compliance, good handling and effective progression
- Providing feedback resulting from that auditing to team leaders, LRBP / HOE, ensuring feedback is acted, including completing follow up audits relating to those points
- Dealing with client’s due diligence questions including any negative electronic results. Ensuring we ‘know our client’. With the support of the LRBP escalate concerns over our ability to continue acting
- Dealing with data concerns within your business area. Keeping records of such issues, managing the firm’s response to these, ensuring this is followed through, and recorded
- Work with the Risk and Compliance Lawyer in relation to risk assessments and considerations arising from GDPR obligations
- Provide assistance to the Risk and Compliance Solicitor when they are dealing with work within their role which may include
- PII reports
- LEO escalations
- Maintain our case management system to ensure all actions are recorded, diaries maintained, and screens completed within the compliance case type
- Provide data for weekly and monthly reporting
- Assist the Team in responding to the requirements of external auditors, companies or third parties, to include analysis of cases and such information as necessary to enable the firm to meet its requirements under any agreement.
- Working with the Internal Audit Team members to scrutinise the integrity of the MI produced to support the firm’s activities
- To assist with the firms file review process and LEXCEL auditing requirements
- Provide assistance to the Team where needed
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Some experience working within a law firm
- Working with Proclaim or a similar case management system
- Understanding of how the case management system works
- Good analytical skills
- Good IT skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with others
- Excellent attention to detail