Job Description –
To work as a lawyer in the post-issue team handling fast track litigated cases.In addition, a proportion of the work will include opponent claims. The cases will run immediately after issue and will then be dealt with from then until trial/settled.
This means that the successful candidate will have to be confident with the court process, and be able to review defences, draft witness statements, draft directions questionnaire, list of documents, listing questionnaire, be confident taking cases to trial and be able to assess liability and quantum. The lawyer will deal with hearings and conferences.
The successful candidate must have knowledge of all liability matters surrounding motor cyclists and cyclists.
Experience is essential in RTA Personal Injury Litigation
PRINCIPAL DUTIES INCLUDE:
- To hit targets for settlements and fees
- To liaise with clients whether via telephone, correspondence or in person to give advice and take instructions.
- To have excellent client care skills
- Commercial awareness when handling opponent claims
- To regularly review cases for liability and quantum
- Undertake training as and when necessary
- Be confident to take cases to trial
- Be confident with the Fast Track court process and forms
- Accurate Time recording in line with target
- To negotiate settlement of claims
- Be able to work to deadlines and targets
- To be a team player
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in personal injury litigation
- Strong advocacy and negotiation skills
- Experience of preparing Court Applications
- Trial preparation
- Knowledge of CPR
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to adapt to the needs of a diverse environment and able to quickly analyse information in order to make reasoned decisions.
- Experience of complex liability matters involving vulnerable road users (motorcyclists and cyclists)
- Excellent attention to detail, with file management and organisational skills
- Experience handling counterclaims
- Target driven