Working with a senior solicitor and wider team in investigating and litigating multi-track Clinical Negligence cases (of £30,000 and above – many above £500,000) under supervision and in line with current company policies and legal requirements. To accept delegated tasks on other similar cases as directed by the Team Leader.
- Ensure the delivery for yourself of all KPI targets set by the firm.
- Ensure cases are progressed in a timely, efficient and proactive manner.
- Liaising with clients, experts, barristers, third party solicitors and insurers as necessary.
- Dealing with all aspects of pre and post issue procedures in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Pursuing cases to conclusion.
- Ensuring all actions as per Proclaim Action List are completed in a timely fashion.
- Accurate time recording.
- Maintaining client files in good order in accordance with Lexcel and other quality assurance requirements.
- Reporting to Team Leader as required.
- Contributing to delivering excellent results to our clients in terms of both service levels and legal outcomes
- Contributing on a wider front as required, to the growth and development of this dynamic team
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Solicitor / 3 year or more qualified
- Strong desire to work in this area of law and preferably some experience
- Desire to work in a small team environment with a senior solicitor and others
- Desire to contribute to the growth and development of a dynamic team
- Ability to form and execute case planning and strategies
- Good research skills
- Forensic rigor
- Attention to detail
- Keen analytical skills
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent people skills
- Ability to influence at all levels
- Good IT skills / confidence using legal software and case management (this is a paperless office)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Flexible and willing to commit to achieving results and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent Client Care Skills
Start date August 2020