Fletchers have an existing opportunity to Join our friendly Medical Negligence team as a Senior Litigation Executive. If you are a solicitor 3 years of more qualified this could be the role for you!! Fixed Term Contract.
The role will be Working with a senior solicitor and wider team in investigating and litigating multi-track Clinical Negligence cases (of £30,000 and above – many above £500,000) under supervision and in line with current company policies and legal requirements. To accept delegated tasks on other similar cases as directed by the Team Leader.
• Ensure the delivery for yourself of all KPI targets set by the firm.
• Ensure cases are progressed in a timely, efficient and proactive manner.
• Liaising with clients, experts, barristers, third party solicitors and insurers as necessary.
• Dealing with all aspects of pre and post issue procedures in a timely and cost effective manner.
• Pursuing cases to conclusion.
• Ensuring all actions as per Proclaim Action List are completed in a timely fashion.
• Accurate time recording.
• Maintaining client files in good order in accordance with Lexcel and other quality assurance requirements.
• Reporting to Team Leader as required.
• Contributing to delivering excellent results to our clients in terms of both service levels and legal outcomes
• Contributing on a wider front as required, to the growth and development of this dynamic team
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Solicitor / 3 year or more qualified
• Strong desire to work in this area of law and preferably some experience
• Desire to work in a small team environment with a senior solicitor and others
• Desire to contribute to the growth and development of a dynamic team
• Ability to form and execute case planning and strategies
• Good research skills
• Forensic rigor
• Attention to detail
• Keen analytical skills
• Good organisational skills
• Excellent people skills
• Ability to influence at all levels
• Good IT skills / confidence using legal software and case management (this is a paperless office)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Flexible and willing to commit to achieving results and meeting deadlines.
• Excellent Client Care Skills
What you can expect from us:
• Bonus scheme
• 35 days holiday including bank holiday and we close for Christmas
• Option to purchase 3 extra days holiday
• 3 days additional day holiday on the 5th, 7th and 9th full year of employment.
• Sick pay – after completion of probation
• Flexible agile working environment
• Company events
• Pension scheme
• Work life balance
• Value awards
• Breakout rooms with free tea and coffee, TVs, table football and comfy sofa’s to relax on your breaks when working in the office
• Internal Progression
TRUST | INNOVATION | DEVELOPMENT | PERFORMANCE | CUSTOMER
Our people are at the heart of everything we do! We take pride in the results gained for our clients and go the extra mile to get justice.
Fletchers are an employer of choice, rated a top 80 Law Firm by the Times. We believe that diversity drives innovation, we are all different people aiming for the same goal to get our customers the compensation they deserve. Our culture drives our employees to achieve the best, not only for the customers but for their own growth, development and wellbeing.
If you have got the talent, ambition and focus and are looking for a stimulating and rewarding career with the opportunity to grow and develop, a workplace where you are a valued member of the team and not just a number, we would love to hear from you.
We reserve the right to close this role before the date shown depending on calibre and volume of candidates.