Solicitor Bio – Iain Dodd
Iain is a senior solicitor here at Fletchers, specialising in catastrophic injury clinical negligence cases. He has been at Fletchers for over 6 years. Over the years, he has gained substantial experience in managing and settling multi-million-pound claims. This has enabled him to recover tens of millions of pounds in compensation for his clients. Iain’s reputation is nationally renowned and a testimonial in The Legal 500 stated that he ‘handles cases of catastrophic injury and high complexity with the skill of a solicitor 10 years more senior.’
Iain is predominantly instructed in claims exceeding £1million, usually in relation to brain injury, spinal cord injury and amputations. He practices almost exclusively in the High Court and is a solicitor-advocate. Iain has obtained many multi-million-pound settlements, either by way of a lump sum and/or annual payments. He consistently achieves significant settlements on exceptionally complex claims. He has worked on cases that range in value from £400,000 – almost 10,000,000.
Iain is also a team leader within the company, supervising a team of 11 lawyers who work on cases primarily across claims that involve brain injuries, spinal cord injuries and amputations. He is known to be ‘pragmatic and knowledgeable…a strong negotiator…always prepared to fight for his clients…a safe pair of hands handling truly high value litigation’ as mentioned in a previous legal 500 testimonial.
- Association of Personal Injury Lawyers – Accredited Senior Litigator
- Member of the Law Society’s specialist Clinical Negligence Panel Accreditation scheme
- Chambers and Partners ranked solicitor, Band 2, Liverpool & surrounds
- Contributor to the 2016 Thalidomide Trust, loss of earnings and pension among survivors’ report
- Solicitor-Advocate (Higher Rights of Audience civil proceedings)
- Solicitor (Grade A)
Iain’s online presence