Associate & Head of International Injury
Mike heads up our Travel Litigation team here at Fletchers and has 13 years’ post qualification experience working as a Personal Injury Lawyer. Mike specialises in accidents abroad, and has vast experience across the whole sphere of international injury litigation, including Road Traffic Accidents, Package Holiday, Aviation and Marine accidents, US litigation and cases involving applications to serve outside the jurisdiction.
“Empathetic and professional.”
“Mike is outstanding at what he does. I honestly do not know how we as a family would have coped without his support.”
“Mike Hagan has been dealing with my case and I have been more than happy with the service, he has gone above and beyond to help me with a difficult case.”
“Mike has been exceptional through the most difficult period of our lives. We cannot thank him enough.”
Notable Settled Cases
Clark v Jet2.com
A claim for ‘pure’ psychiatric injury following an accident during international air travel. Achieved settlement prior to trial for a full valuation of our client’s psychiatric injury.
Kingston v Allianz
Acting for his client following a road traffic accident in Spain. Succeeded in defending a jurisdictional challenge raised by the defendant and settled the case shortly afterwards.
TS v M
A catastrophic injury following a road traffic collision in France. Secured a six-figure settlement one week before a liability-only High Court trial.
- Member of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL)
- Member of the Pan European Organisation of Personal Injury Lawyers (PEOPIL)
- Recommended Legal 500 lawyer
- Travel Litigation
- Jurisdictional disputes
- History (BA) 2:1
- Graduate diploma in Law (commendation)
- Travel Law Quarterly
- The Law Society
- New Law Journal
- Amputee suffers damaging fall on NYC holiday- secures six figure settlement
- Passionate biker loses love for riding after serious road traffic accident in France
- A serious moped accident in Greece leads to significant knee injury for our client
- Securing compensation in a novel point of law, following personal injury on an aircraft