Years of dealing with nasty motorcycle collisions and other types of accidents have given us a wealth of experience in dealing with really severe injuries. And to most, nothing seems quite so horrific as losing a limb. But one thing our experience and expertise has taught us is that the human spirit is probably even more remarkable than our bodies, and the number of people who have bounced back from having a limb amputated and have gone on to lead full, productive lives is heartening indeed. Having your leg or arm cut off might seem like the end of the world. Oftentimes, it’s not.
We have long-established relationships with a nationwide network of specialist experts in the fields of orthopaedics, prosthetics, occupational therapy, rehabilitation, physiotherapy and housing adaptations – everything you’re going to need in your readjustment to life without a limb. And between us and all these experts, we know exactly the problems and challenges you’re likely to face, and how to deal with them.
We’ve seen some amazingly courageous and determined men and women make the adjustment to this new way of living. We’re in awe of their ability to overcome the trauma of amputation. And that’s why our Serious Injury team is peopled with individuals who are genuinely compassionate and understanding and who will be batting for you every step of the way. Not only will they be providing you with first-rate legal advice, but they’re also clued up on all the latest advancements in treatments and solutions so you’ll always get the best of what’s available to you.
So talk to us if you need help with anything to do with amputation – help identifying what’s the right prosthesis for you, how to fit it, how to care for your stump, how to deal with mobility, how to anticipate complications. In fact, talk to us about anything. We’re here to listen and we’re here to help. Because all we want is for you to get back to enjoying your life to the full. Remember, we’re not just your solicitor. We’re your friend through all this too.
Here are the main types of amputation injuries we’ve encountered:
- Lower limb amputations
- Foot amputations including toes and at the ankle
- Transtibial amputation (below the knee)
- Knee disarticulation including Gritti-Stokes (through the knee)
- Transfemoral amputation (above the knee)
- Hip disarticulation (removal of the entire leg through the hip joint)
- Hemipelvectomy (removal of part of the pelvis)
- Upper limb amputations
- Hand and partial-hand amputation including finger and digital amputation (tip or portion of the finger)
- Wrist disarticulation
- Transradial amputation (below the elbow including forearm)
- Transhumeral amputation (above the elbow)
- Shoulder disarticulation
- Forequarter amputation (removal of shoulder blade and collar bone)