Partner & Clinical Negligence Solicitor
Iain Dodd is a Partner and successful Senior Solicitor and Team Leader within our Medical Negligence Department, specialising in catastrophic injury clinical negligence cases; with a particular interest in spinal cases.
“I can’t thank you enough for what you have done for me and my family. Your knowledge and skill is remarkable but your care and kindness means so much to me. I can remember my first meeting with Iain seems such a long time ago, but your compassion has never altered. You are all very special people. Please keep in touch, you have become more like family than solicitors.”
“Iain has been wonderful. The whole team from start to finish have given me a first-class service. I have already recommended them to others, and I will continue to do so.”
Notable Settled Cases
NXB v Newcastle NHS
£13.2 million for a 31 year old male who developed meningitis for alleged failures to treat a post-operative head wound which caused a severe brain injury and spinal cord injuries. Liability was denied. The settlement was approved by the High Court.
DXW v Blackpool NHS
£7.3 million for a 20 year old male rendered paraplegic at T3 level following failures in the A&E department to properly immobilise an unstable thoracic fracture.
JZM v Leeds NHS
£7 million for a 28 year old male that suffered a significant brain injury caused by a stroke following a surgical error.
RXW v X, Y & Z
£2.5 million despite liability being denied by 3 Defendants, for a 49 year old male who suffered a stroke causing a brain injury following alleged failures to diagnose a number of TIAs.
JH v Dr D
£1.6 million despite liability being denied, for a 57 year old female whose blood pressure allegedly fell too low during an elective spinal operation causing her to suffer a spinal cord injury.
- Association of Personal Injury Lawyers - Accredited Senior litigator
- Member of the Law Society’s specialist Clinical Negligence Panel Accreditation Scheme
- Chambers and Partners ranked solicitor, Band 2, Liverpool & surrounds
- Contributor to the 2016 Thalidomide Trust, loss of earnings and pension among survivors report
- Solicitor-Advocate (Higher Rights of Audience civil proceedings)
- Solicitor (Grade A)
- Law Degree: LLB
- Almost £5million secured for spinal cord injury client
- £7million compensation settlement following life-changing brain injuries caused by admitted surgical negligence
- £13.2million compensation achieved 1 week before Trial after 10-year legal battle
- The emotional challenges faced by amputees